I’ve played soccer and goalkeeper in particular, just about all my life. During my active playing days, there was no real training available. Keepers were just ‘expected’ to know what to do in goal.
Clark Keeper Training offers group, small group and one-on-one training designed to bring out the best in each goalkeeper. I focus on the technical side of training refining a players’ game and using their technique to make them a better goalkeeper.
About CKT founder, John Clark
I’ve been a goalkeeper for over 30 years, playing at multiple levels of the sport, from high school, to college, playing in Europe representing Wisconsin for Teams USA; played 4 years in college at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. After graduation, I played club soccer in Milwaukee for the Milwaukee Rampage and Polonia FC. I came to the Grand Rapids area in 1999 and continued playing in various leagues in the area and also began coaching my children’s youth teams.
While I enjoyed coaching teams, coaching goalkeepers remained my passion. In Grand Rapids, I have continued coaching goalkeepers at the club and high school levels. I began Camp Shutout West Michigan in 2009, a ‘roadshow’ version of Camp Shutout.
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point women’s soccer team goalkeeper coach 1987
- Club soccer coach (CATS FC) 2000-2010
- Staff coach 2016-present at Camp Shutout
- Caledonia High School girls soccer team goalkeeper coach
- Club goalkeeper trainer for several West Michigan clubs (CATS FC, PASS, AYSO United)
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Goalkeeping Level I and Level II Diploma
- United States Soccer Federation (USSF) D Coaching license